With Father's Day coming up this Sunday and June weddings taking place all month, here are some tips from jewelry artist, Shari Cabra, for choosing personalized gifts.
SHOW YOU CARE WITH A PERSONALIZED GIFT
by Shari Cabra
There’s nothing that says, “I care about you,” more than a personalized gift. Often one-of-a-kind objects, personalized gifts are usually cherished forever and many times handed down from generation to generation.
Today there are dozens of personalized gifts available, everything from the simple, inexpensive coffee mug to the more sophisticated sterling-silver letter opener.
The next time you're choosing a gift for someone special in your life, show how much you care by personalizing it. There are several ways to do that.
1. Have the Gift Engraved. Adding an engraved date, initial or name gives the gift your personal touch and makes it more meaningful to the receiver. Pen and pencil sets, letter openers, watches or pendants can be easily engraved. Or, choose an item that is already monogrammed with the receiver’s first or last initial.
2. Help Design the Gift. Add a part of yourself to a personalized gift by participating in its design. Working with a jeweler to create a unique piece of jewelry or simply selecting the ornaments for a charm bracelet will add your special touch.
3. Select Something You know The Recipient Wants or Needs. Having a quilt made in colors to match a nursery for a new baby, or ordering a frame with the bride and groom’s names on it is not only personal but practical in a special way.
4. Choose a Gift You Know Will Become a Personal Favorite. How do you know what will become a personal favorite? By being familiar with the kinds of items your friend or family members loves, collects, wishes for, etc. Select a gift similar to items he or she already has or choose a gift that can be added to an existing collection.
5. Choose a Gift That Will Complement the Receiver’s Home’s Décor. Personalized gifts are available in so many styles. Whether your special friend's home is decorated in modern contemporary or country style, a gift can be found to fit that décor.
Imagine the thrill your special someone will feel when presented with a unique and personalized gift. You’ve selected the perfect present because you care.
NOTE: This article is available for free reprint at ezinearticles.com
Shari Cabra is owner of Created by Shari, a line of custom jewelry she designs and fashions herself from vintage silverware patterns. Cabra's collection varies from ornate Victorian pieces to the more sleek and simple contemporary designs. Her line is represented by Debra Steiner of Beyond the Expected Marketing. Find out more about the Created by Shari line by visiting Beyond the Expected or by calling Debra Steiner at 913-963-1733 for a catalogue.